Sunday, November 15, 2009

Broadway Real Life Brush on Gel Nails


I bought this kit at my local Rexall Pharmacy, I was looking for a gel nail kit and the bright packaging caught my eye. I noticed that in this particular kit everything was laid out for you to see through the package (without you having to buy it first to know what was included and what it looked like). On the package it states that you have two complete applications, no UV light is needed and that it is safe, quick and easy to remove.

I must admit at this particular pharmacy there was not much selection of gel nail kits, so I went with this one. It was the most expensive of all the ones available and I figured that must of been for a reason. Having purchased an acrylic nail kit before I knew that I wanted a gel one this time, as gel nails are more see through, and just nicer looking in general. I had been looking for a gel nail kit at other shops and this one seemed the best one to get.

In this package you will find:

Instructions

Mini Nail File and Manicure Stick- The mini nail file must be used to file down your nail bed in order for the applications of the gels to stick! Don't forget to push your cuticles back, using the manicure stick included!!

48 SelfTab Nail Tips- Easy to apply, you must go through all of them to see which ones fit your natural nail best.

Brush-On Gel- Once you have found the nail that fits you best, this is the next step. You apply this brush-on gel onto your natural and artificial nail.

Brush-On Gel Activator- This is the second gel that must be applied on top of the brush-on gel in order for the 'gelafied' nail to become one!

Brush Cleaner- This liquid in a bottle is basically acetone. It must be used in between brush-on gel applications in order to keep you brush soft, usable and most importantly clean.
TIP: I also used this to correct any imperfections on the final product. Not that you should have any as this product is self leveling, however, if you were to encounter a mishap no worries this can help you correct it!

Overall I am somewhat happy with the result and I'll tell you way. The results you get using this product are good for an at home kit, but saying that you CAN in my opinion tell its an at-home-manicure. You will obviously not get salon results BUT at the same time you will not be paying salon prices.

The Broadway Real Life Brush on Gel Nails kit is a decent product and I would recommend it as it is very easy to use and fun!
Will I buy it again? maybe... but first I will try and review others and then I will compare and stick with the best overall product.

Comment!




Broadway Real Life Brush on Gel Nails $17-$20

2 comments:

  1. Tried it and my nails still haven't dried and it has been almost an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add another coat of gel on top, it will dry quickly

    ReplyDelete